
a new christmas tradition is born. this advent season, we decided to do a family activity every day leading up to christmas. my friend sandie has been doing it with her family for years and i've always loved the idea. this christmas was the perfect christmas to start! i made an advent "tree" out of tree branches, hung numbers 1-25, and inside each number was an activity for that day. kyri couldn't wait to get started! every morning she woke up and said, "mommy, can we see what our activity is for today?" i am so glad we decided to make this a new family tradition. some days, we kept it simple. on a few days, we had to move things around because events like...the power going out. no matter what the activity, it was special because we were doing it as a family. i didn't capture each moment with a photo, but here are a few to remember. there are many more christmas photos to come too!
sharing a christmas advent tree with your family is a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday season. so many precious memories.
the hornacek family advent activity tree.
day 2: build a fort!
day 8: attend kyri's preschool christmas program.
get slurpee's with mom to celebrate!
day 12: open a christmas gift together.
whatever could it be?
little people nativity set.
i've been wanting to buy this for years. target had it on sale, 50% off, but they were all out. got a raincheck and after searching many target stores...we were able to get our hands on one for kyri and kaden!
day 15: silly holiday dress-up!
christmas memories with my baby boy.
silly faces too.
kaden isn't a huge fan of family photo time.
can you tell?
2 comments:
what a wonderful tradition with memories for a lifetime (love Grandma)
I LOVE that idea!!! I'm totally going to steal it! I'd love to know what some of your other activities were because I don't know if I could come up with 24 activities. I did an advent calender this year and Malea loved it but this is such a better idea!!!
Post a Comment