9.10.2008

i love my husband.

my precious kevin has made me smile this week when i didn't think it was possible. i have had a rough week...emotionally, spiritually, and physically. there are a lot of difficult changes going on with my family. my parents, after being separated for almost 2 years now, have decided to go through with the divorce. i wasn't completely surprised when i heard the news, but that didn't make it any easier to accept. the whole situation is a mess and there are many factors that are making it quite ugly. i am communicating with the both of them, telling them how i am feeling with all of this, while loving them at the same time. it is not easy.

with all of the drama with my family, kevin has always been right by side. he has given me comfort every time i get off the phone with my parents and i am an emotional wreck. he has wiped every tear and has comforted my heart. he is always encouraging me to speak my mind. he gives me affirmation when i need it most. God has blessed me with an amazing man. kevin never fails to fill my mind and heart with God's truth. he definitely keeps me from falling apart. i am so grateful to have a husband who loves and cherishes me. i don't take it for granted for one second that i have a man who wants nothing more than to spend the rest of his life...with me.

to throw into the mix, we are in the process of trying to have baby #2. for me, that brings so many emotions. i am constantly thinking about it and it is even keeping me from getting good rest. its so different for the woman because its my body, plus the waiting and expectations can really drive me crazy. God is reminding me that every day is a new day...that keeps me going. i was a little depressed, well a lot depressed, and kevin knew i could us some cheering up. today he surprised me with a cherry limeade from sonic. he knows me oh so well! what a perfect surprise.

look at my hot husband!

i have to give him props too for always coming home from work and helping me in any way he can...playing with kyri (top priority!), cleaning up after dinner, giving kyri a bath, and helping with the bedtime routine. last night he went above and beyond and made dinner! i got out what he needed for grilled cheese and tomato soup (trader joe's creamy tomato soup...the best!). i also got out the grated parmesan cheese and said, "this is really good sprinkled on the soup." i come into the kitchen and he had sprinkled the cheese on the buttered bread before putting it in the pan. the grilled cheese had a cheesy, buttery crust and it was amazing! note...my husband NEVER cooks. not only did he make us dinner, but he discovered a fabulous tip to make grilled cheese even better! he got a nice little pat on the butt for that one.

kevin...i love you. even in the midst of the bumps in the road, you always know how to make your girl smile :)

6 comments:

Emily Shurtleff said...

Husbands are the best when ya get a good one. I am sooooo happy you found you a good one. It can totally make the difference. I should know I had a really bad one before my amazing husband now. But Sarah i know we haven't been very close since I moved away but just know you still mean a lot to me and I am always here for you. I know when I was going through a lot with my Mom growing up. When my Mom left to Utah for Christmas you and your Mom were the family I needed and I will never forget that. Seriously even if you just need to vent I am here for you.

Mary said...

I'm sorry about all the drama with your family, I understand family drama all to well, and just how important it is to have a husband who is supportive.
Happier news, I am excited to hear you guys are going for baby #2! I love reading your blog, all the wonderful things you do with your daughter encourage me to try and be a better mom. It would be great to try and connect with you sometime, I'm home too with our 2 kids, and a third on the way....
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Rebecca Unfried said...

Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about your parents. I would love to talk with you more about it, I know that it is hard. I am so glad that you and Kevin have each other, what a wonderful and loving family you are. We are so excited about baby #2, take your time in enjoying Kyri and God will provide your baby when the time is right. I loved reading this post (besides the part about your parents) especially about the extra pat on the butt for Kevin! :) We love you guys!! - Rebecca

Steve, Karen, Delaney, & Jude Dunlap said...

Sar-Bear, thank you for being honest and letting us know what's going on. Now I know how to pray for you! I'm so sorry about your family...but thankful that you have your own little family that knows exactly what you need! Side note: I hung out today with Erin Gentili from Simpson. How random is that! She told me to tell you hello!

Jenni Lynn said...

Sarah,
I am sad to hear about your parents.... I know it must be really tough. I just can't believe it, I mean they were married for so long! what a wonderful thing to have a supportive husband, Kevin is great! You are in my prayers. love ya

jenni anne said...

i'm sorry to hear about your parents. you and kevin are truly blessed to have each other, though. i'll be praying for your little (but growing! ) family. good luck!